Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Plumpkin in pumpkins


Ok. I know I said I would be regular with this. I do apologize. It has been buuuuussssyyyy. And the three of us have been sick for a while, but are all well now! Yippee!
Took Plumpkin to the pumkin patch. She is in the 5th percentile among pumpkins as well.
All is well with us. I swear I think she is close to saying her first word. I actually think it might have happened already. She loves playing with her rubber duckies that her Auntie Grit got her. She has a little Mexican one that is her favorite that we call Pato. We often make pretend phone calls to Pato throughout the day much to her squeling delight.
Me, with a crazed look in my eye: " Hola???? Pato? Hola??!!!!! Pato??!!!!!" This screechingly continues to a carzy manifesto of pretend Spanish gibberish. Caroline thinks this is WONDERFUL and she grunts and grins and heehaws every time.
Well, anyway, she was taking a bath today when she turned around holding Pato and said to me " pato". I would have said I was making this up had she not sounded like she had said it earlier when we were playing with Land Pato ( not to be confused with Marine Pato). So, our little gorgeous girl is not only a looker but apparently she is bilingual. ( Pato is spanish for duck, by the way.)
Genius....just like her Moma!!!!!!!!!!
Back to the bath tub. When I was taking my bath this evening, which is truly one of life's greatest pleasures and a time of some of my best pondering. Mostly I pretend to be Billy Idol or try to hold my breath under water while pretending to be the first person to develop some sort of mutated gill membrane. Or sometimes I fashion 18th century wigs out of shampoo head.This is how I relax. Every night. Well, tonight I was listening to my IPod on shuffle, which is truly wonderful and I love my little ipod. Well, little Ipodito really summed up the joy that is life with my bathtime song shuffle. I will now share these song titles with you with a few comments on life that I thought upon whilst taking my bath.
1. " Give Me Back my Wig" - the walter trout power trio
No one has the right to steal your wig.
2. "Fistful of Steel" Rage Against the Machine- It's fun to get mad. I really don't have fits of rage but I like to pretend I do when I listen to this song. It's fun and kinda hilarious to pretend to be mad. I'm M-A-D!! Hahaha.....mad people are funny.
3. Simple Man- Lynard Skynard. Man, what a song. I feel like I should stand up and doing something patriotic. but I'm in the bathtub. So, I'll just think that this is an awesome song that every 17 year old boy should hear. It should be a law.
4. Nessun Dorma- Luciano Pavorotti. Oh........I am a lady with a giant dress made of cupcakes. Elegant cupcakes. I'm floating down a gilded staircase. With my shampoo fancy wig. Oh, opera is good for the soul. Rest in Peace with the angels, Luciano. Everybody needs a cupcake dress.
5 Angel Flying to Close to the Ground- Willie Nelson This is the last song I could listen to cuz it makes me cry every time I hear it. What a sweet, sweet song. I am so thankful for my two angels that just so happened to be flying to close to the ground. I'm so glad I caught you too and so thankful. I love my Popa Bear and my lil Plumpkin.
On that sappy note, I leave you with Caroline wearing Astronaut Jones' Halloween costume. Yes, it is a lobster. And yes, they wear the same size.









2 comments:

Charlane said...

I am going to beat Adrian to it.. there are simply no words. I love you and I love you for who you are... truly one of a kind.

Angel Too Close to the Ground brings tears to my eyes too.

adrian seney said...

Ditto, Charlane!

Who knew that we all three loved Willie Nelson's Angel song?? Love it, too!!!